Monday, June 10, 2013

Why I use protective styles

To be candid, I never really saw the point in keeping my hair in a protective style. I've always been a fan of wearing my hair loose with my ends exposed. I don't think NOT wearing my hair in a protective style for a long period of time will make or break my ends, but I am a fan of quick and easy styling.

I've been wearing my hair in 2 strand twists now for about a month and it has definitely made a difference in how fast I can detangle my hair when moisturizing and sealing on a daily basis. When cleansing my hair in sections after wearing my hair down for a few days, it takes me a lot longer to detangle than when I've been wearing my hair in a protective style.

I think it's important to use protective styling when you're short on time. I actually find protective styling beneficial when I'm feeling lazy as well because I know my hair has been moisturized and sealed so there is no hair emergency going on.

It's on my lazy days that I simply spritz my hair with my mixture and oil my scalp and give myself a quick massage before heading to bed or out the door. This allows me to not be late for work and it also allows me to not feel guilty of hair negligence. So it's a win-win situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment