Saturday, April 6, 2013

Before I Knew About Moisture

My Hair February 18,2012
Before I knew about properly moisturizing my hair



At this point in my hair journey, I didn't know anything about retaining moisture to my 4c hair. It was something my parents didn't know and therefore I didn't know.

I remember my mom would always put Blue Magic grease on my scalp and I remember the pulling and crying and my scalp being sore for days. My mom has 3a hair and because I knew Daddy had the same hair, I preferred it when he did my hair.

Now, back to the more recent past. After my big chop back in October of 2011, I still didn't know anything about retaining moisture. All I knew was that my hair was extremely dry and that no matter what I put in my hair it was either too greasy or too crispy.

I never deep conditioned, I never detangled with water and I never used leave in conditioner. The only thing I used for the first 4 months of my hair journey was oil. I had no idea that oil on dry hair was doing NOTHING for my hair.

I started doing research online about 4c hair. I kept reading for days at a time and finally came across a website called NaturallyCurly.com . I recognized my hair type on the site, took the hair care advice and finally started to notice positive changes in my hair.


0 comments:

Post a Comment