Friday, April 26, 2013

WGO: I'm Going For It

I decided to do some research on essential oils on a quest to create an all natural hair perfume. Along the way I ran into numerous sites and reviews that mentioned WGO (Wild Growth Oil). I'm sold. I want to get some. Not because I think it'll speed my hair growth, but because it's got oils that I have been wanting to try (and one I've tried and know works well for moisturizing). Now, this oil has nothing to do with my original search, but I thought I'd share it because I think it may become a staple product for me.

Olive oil, jojoba oil and coconut oil are the main ingredients that made me want to get this. It also has iron and vitamin E which is a huge plus for me. The original WGO is the one I'm referring to, in the white bottle with green writing. They also have one in a yellow bottle, which I also plan to try because it has castor oil and... Yep, essential oils that are meant to deodorize. Apparently the only complaint most people had, as far as I could see, was the smell. I'll survive, I can handle an herbal smell. I think it also has sulphur as well. Even better :-)

I'm going to mix both the WGO and WGO light moisturizer together with some of my own castor oil I've been using. So for a while I'm going to sit my detangling cocktail to the side to see how this stuff works. I'll just use the Cantu Shea Leave-In separately like I was before. Actually, I have so little of my cocktail left, I may use it tonight to finish it off so it's not sitting there looking so lonely :-) then just use the oil on my scalp.

A lot of people say the WGO is thick, but my hair seems to love thick, heavy oils because my hair doesn't feel weighed down, but still feels moisturized and soft. Hopefully this oil works well with the GHE.. I don't see why it wouldn't. I'll just have to find out.

Last night I skipped the GHE because I didn't feel my hair needed it. Tonight I'm going to do it though. I still think my hair has grown a little and I'm tempted to do a length check, but I'm going to hold off for a couple months. *fingers crossed* I'm excited to try the WGO and it's going to be even more exciting if it works like the company claims (and many others claim as well).

0 comments:

Post a Comment