Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Greenhouse Effect Self Challenge

Last night I started doing the Greenhouse Effect hair method, which is just using a plastic cap to create a steamed environment for your hair and scalp that is supposed to increase hair growth.

Last night I wanted to start fresh so I did a white sugar scalp scrub, followed by shampoo with Aveeno Sulfate free 2-n-1 shampoo and conditioner because it's been weeks since I've washed my hair and I had major buildup from the castor oil. I'd been applying too much castor oil to my scalp.

After rinsing my hair (I did all this with my hair in sections because it saves time) and blotting it, I continued with my nightly regimen which is applying Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner repair cream to my hair then applying castor oil to the length of my hair to seal it all in. Before that I applied MUCH less castor oil to my scalp. I'd been applying castor oil to my scalp as I did each section, so this time I took my right index finger and dipped it into the castor oil, then spread it across the fingers on both hands and rubbed into my scalp. It seemed like too little but I resisted the urge to apply more.

Once I finished moisturizing and sealing, I tied a plastic grocery bag around my head and put a headband around the bag so it'd fit more snug. I used a grocery bag because I didn't feel like going to the store last night. I'm getting plastic caps tonight :-) ... After securing the bag I slipped my satin bonnet over it and put on my winter hat over that.

This morning when I took everything off my head, my scalp was tingling and my hair was soft and just a little damp.

It was a pleasant experience. I'll do this every night for the next 3 months to see if there is an increase in hair growth. I'll do a sugar scrub once a week, and only use shampoo if my hair tells me it needs a little clarification.

This photo is my current length in the front.  I'll upload the after photo in 3 months! Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment